These almond flour sugar cookies are perfect for the holiday season! I call these “scoop and bake” because there’s no need to chill, roll, or cut them. You just mix your dough, scoop it onto your cookie sheet, flatten, and bake!
Almond Flour Sugar Cookies – Ingredients
- Almond flour
- Tapioca flour
- Baking Powder
I love the super soft texture of these sugar cookies. One thing to note though, is that if you continue to cook them, they won’t really crisp up at all, they’ll just start to dry out. Everyone’s oven is different so you may need to experiment with a few batches before getting it just right. For me, 9 minutes was the perfect baking time to get that perfect pillowy texture. I recommend not going over 10 minutes.
We have made these using homemade paleo frosting which I’ll share with you below, and Simple Mills Organic Vanilla Frosting. Both are great!
My kids love decorating with sprinkles and sanding sugar. This TruColor sanding sugar and these India Tree sprinkles are dye free! We like to avoid food dyes as much as possible so these have worked out perfect for us! I hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year! Enjoy the cookies!
Soft Scoop and Bake Sugar Cookies
For the Cookies
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup organic palm shortening
- 1/4 cup thick (not runny honey)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- For the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until combined.
- Add in the egg, honey, and vanilla extract and mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- With your hands, flatten the cookies until they are about 1/4 inch thick. You may need to add a little flour to your hands so the dough doesn't stick to them.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes at 350℉
- Let the sugar cookies cool on the pan before frosting.
- For the Frosting:
- Combine the shortening, honey, arrowroot powder, vanilla, and salt into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined.
- This frosting will melt if the cookies are warm.