If you’re in need of a way to use up those brown bananas sitting on your counter, look no further than these delicious banana cookies! These banana bread cookies are moist, naturally sweet, and only call for 6 ingredients – yay!
I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible, using as few ingredients as I could. I think I rose up to the challenge if I do say so myself. Here’s what you’ll need to make these cookies:
Ingredients for banana cookies
By using only a handful of ingredients, it allowed the banana flavor to really shine. I mean, you can’t have banana cookies without banana!
These cookies are easy to make. Like really easy. Here’s what you do:
How to make banana bread cookies:
- Mix up the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt)
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to the dry ingredients
- Add in maple syrup and mix until combined
- Scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, flatten, and bake for 26-28 minutes.
I just can’t get over how ridiculously simple these are!!
If making an actual loaf of banana bread intimidates you, give these cookies a shot. They are practically fool proof and I know you’ll love them. And if you have kids…they’re gonna go bananas over these!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these cookies! I’d love to see them!
Banana Bread Cookies (gluten free, vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- large pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup overly ripe mashed bananas about 4 medium bananas
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to a bowl and mix well
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to the dry ingredients (I mash, then measure)
- Add the maple syrup
- Mix until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet
- Gently flatten the cookies with a fork or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes until the middles have set and aren't wet (mine were perfect at 28 minutes)
- After the cookies come out of the oven, place them on a wire rack to cool
- Let the cookies come to room temperature before eating
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
Hungry for more? Try some of my favorite recipes!