These gluten free chocolate cookies are stuffed with walnuts and chocolate chips for the ultimate cookie experience.
If you’re a cookie lover be sure to check out my other cookie recipes I know you’ll love!
Gluten free cookies are often made with gluten free all purpose flour, but this particular chocolate cookie recipe is made with almond flour. Which means they’re paleo too!
In addition to being wheat free and paleo, they’re also dairy free chocolate cookies! There’s no butter and no white sugar in this recipe. Which is another thing to love!
These chocolate walnut cookies are kind of a cross between a brownie and a cookie. I absolutely love the texture. And with the melty gluten free chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts, it’s a cookie recipe you’ll want to make over and over again.
Ingredients In Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
Almond flour (not almond meal)
Raw cacao powder (cocoa powder works too)
Avocado oil (any oil should work)
Dark chocolate chips
How To Make Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
1. First, whisk the almond flour, cocao powder, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Next, add in the maple syrup, vanilla, and oil and mix until a dough forms.
3. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and stir to combine.
4. Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Place into the oven to bake. While the bake time depends on your oven, 11-13 minutes is best.
How Do You Store Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies?
These gluten free walnut cookies are best eaten right away. Almond flour cookies and baked goods tend to soften over time and change texture.
It’s just the nature of almond flour.
If you’re not going to eat these cookies right away, I recommend freezing them, or storing them in a NON air tight container. Meaning, put them in a container with the lid halfway off, or a bag left partway open.
The extra air flow will help them not to get too soft.
This gluten free dessert is easy to make and a total crowd pleaser. Even my kids who SWEAR they don’t like nuts in cookies, gobbled these up!
What’s your favorite cookie? Classic chocolate chip cookies? Flourless chocolate cookies? Banana Cookies? Snickerdoodles?
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these gluten free chocolate cookies! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try these gluten free chocolate cookies, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies With Walnuts and Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder (cocoa powder works too)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar ()
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablepsoon avocado oil (any oil will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I like Guittard or Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the almond flour, cocao powder, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla, egg, and oil and mix until a dough forms.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and add them to the dough along with the chocolate chips, and stire to cobine.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Store in a container that allows a little air flow, so the cookies won't get overly soft. (Typical of almond flour baked goods)
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite dessert recipes!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Bites
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Chocolate Pomegranate Almond Clusters
Paleo Whoopie Pies
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Gluten Free and Paleo Crinkle Cookies
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Banana Coconut Milk Smoothie
If you enjoyed this recipe, follow me on social media for new recipes and updates!