These pecan chocolate chip cookies came about from an intense craving I was having. I wanted something nutty, chocolatey, warm and hearty – so I made these gorgeous thangs! I don’t know why I’ve been on a pecan kick lately. First my maple nut clusters, now these pecan chocolate chip cookies. Can’t wait to see what my taste buds crave next!
As someone who doesn’t tolerate grains and avoids gluten like the plague, I’m so grateful to have almond flour as a grain free baking alternative. It’s rich yet subtle flavor is the perfect canvas to create all sorts of grain free goodies. I have to admit, though, there is a downside to baking with almond flour. Baked goods – especially cookies – tend to change texture and soften over time. Which isn’t THAT big of a deal. I mean, I should know, I had absolutely no problem devouring the leftover cookies for breakfast the following morning.
Husband: “Hey honey, did the kids eat the rest of the cookies you made?”
Me: “The cookies are all gone? Hmm, that’s weird, yeah they must’ve eaten them all, sorry!”
I guess there ARE pros to waking up at 6am with the baby! ?
Anyway, just know that the texture of these cookies are perfect right out of the oven, but will soften over time, like any other grain free baked good, kapiche?
The ingredients you’ll need for these cookies are:
These cookies are the perfect blend of smooth chocolate and crunchy pecans. They’re just to die for! So grab a glass of your favorite dairy free milk, and get baking! Ohhh you know what? I was just thinking about how good these would taste if I toasted the pecans first. YUM! That just sounds so good. Now please excuse me while I go experiment with another batch.
Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 11/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans - chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the pecans and set them aside.
- In a medium-sized 1bowl, mix together the almond flour, almond meal, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix until well combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans
- Use a 11/2 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350℉ for 13-15 minutes until the edges are golden brown. (I baked mine for 15)
- Grain free cookies tend to get softer over time. For best taste and texture I recommend eating them right away!