This lazy guacamole has quickly become one of my favorite late night snacks. It’s delicious, filling, and is a breeze to throw together – which is a must for late night snacking. Can’t have anything taking my precious time away from my evening Netflix binging now can we? What did I even do with my life before Netflix? I can’t even remember.
I was in my late 20’s the first time I tried an avocado. They just weren’t something our family ate while I was growing up. I thought it was gross and didn’t understand why everyone was so obsessed with them. Fast forward a few years to my fourth pregnancy. I started CRAVING avocados like a mad woman! Say what? I didn’t even like avocados! I guess my body and growing baby just needed those healthy fats. Avocados are an amazing food. They contain over 20 essential vitamins and minerals, and are super high in folate (so important for healthy pregnancies!) So it was during this pregnancy that my love for avocados was born. We’ve been best friends ever since.
I love adding diced avocados to my salads, adding them to my smoothies, and giving my kids avocado cups – just an avocado cut in half and salted. They just eat it with a spoon! If you love avocados as much as I do, give this quick recipe a try!
- 1 avocado
- large pinch onion powder about a scant 1/4 tsp but I don't typically measure
- lare pinch garlic powder about a scant 1/4 tsp but I don't typically measure
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork
- Add in onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and lime juice. Adjust seasonings to your liking.