This garlic mashed potatoes instant pot recipe is a cinch to make. This mashed potatoes recipe is full of garlic flavor, fresh herbs, and is the perfect side dish to just about any meal.
Making mashed potatoes in the instant pot (an electric pressure cooker) is easy and fool proof. You’ll love their creamy texture!
Creamy mashed potatoes are a must. I used chicken broth to keep these savory mashed potatoes nice and creamy. You can definitely sub in butter or milk if you’d like!
Looking for more instant pot recipes? Try these easy Instant Pot Boiled Eggs!
This mashed potatoes instant pot recipe takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. 9 minutes of actual cooking time, combined with about 10 minutes of the pot coming to pressure. They’re the perfect November food.
These instant pot mashed potatoes are:
cream cheese free
a one pot recipe
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Instant Pot Recipe – Ingredients
Russet potatoes (can sub yukon gold)
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Instant Pot Recipe – How To Make
First, add the broth to the instant pot.
Next, peel and rinse the potatoes. Chop them into 1 inch cubes and add them to the instant pot.
Next, mince the garlic and add it to the instant pot with the broth and potatoes.
Seal the lid and move the valve to the “sealing” position. Set for 9 minutes on manual. It will take about 10 minutes for the pot to come to pressure.
As soon as the 9 minutes is up and the pressure cooker says LO:00, move the valve to the “venting” position to release the steam.
Once the red pin has dropped, and all the steam has been released, open the instant pot. Pour in the remainder of the broth, and add the salt, fresh rosemary, and thyme.
Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes to your desired consistency. Add more broth and salt if needed. Serve hot with your favorite toppings like sour cream, butter, ghee, and chives.
Enjoy these instant pot garlic mashed potatoes!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these garlic mashed potatoes in the instant pot! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try this garlic mashed potatoes instant pot recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
Garlic Mashed Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- 3 pounds russet potatoes can sub yukon gold
- 3-6 cloves garlic minced (I used 4 cloves)
- 1 1/2 cup broth divided
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme minced, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chives minced, optional
- pepper optional, to taste
- Add 1 cup of broth to the instant pot.
- Peel and rinse the potatoes. Chop them into 1 inch cubes and add them to the instant pot with the broth.
- *Mince the garlic and add it to the instant pot with the potatoes.
- Seal the lid and move the valve to the "sealing" position. Set for 9 minutes on "manual" (or "pressure cook"). Please note it will take about 10 minutes for the pot to come to pressure.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mince the rosemary, thyme, and chives. Set aside.
- Once the 9 minutes is up and the instant pot beeps, do a quick release by carefully moving the valve from the "sealing" to the "venting" position to release the remainder of the steam.
- Once the red pin has dropped, and all the steam has been released, open the instant pot. Pour in the remainder of the broth, and add the salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, chives, and thyme.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes to your desired consistency. Add more broth and salt if needed. Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
Hungry for more? Click any link below to see my favorite recipes!
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Almond Butter Cups
Paleo/GF Banana Bread Cookies
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Chocolate Pomegranate Almond Clusters
Paleo Whoopie Pies
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Paleo Crinkle Cookies
Paleo Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
Slow Cooker Elderberry Syrup
Coconut Lime Snack Balls
Healthy Lemon Popsicles
Blueberry Muffin recipe (GF, Paleo)
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream