This keto chicken salad recipe is a delicious low carb meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. Okay, okay, and breakfast too!
This recipe is so easy to make and only has 9 ingredients! Traditional chicken salad recipes contain grapes. But this low carb chicken salad recipe swaps the grapes for its friend – the humble (and low carb) blueberry. The blueberries add a subtle sweetness, and a delicious flavor to the dish.
Ingredients in Keto Chicken Salad
To make this low carb keto chicken salad, I like to add the celery, chicken, cashews, hemp seeds, salt, and seasonings to a mixing bowl. Next, I like to add in the mayo and give it a good stir.
Once the mayo has been mixed in, gently fold in the blueberries. Gently mixing the blueberries in at the end will help them to stay whole and not get all smooshified on ya. No one wants a smooshified keto chicken salad!
How to Eat Keto Chicken Salad
There are many ways to eat this dish. Get creative and have fun with it! A few of my favorite ways to eat this low carb keto chicken salad are:
- Straight from the bowl – so good!
- On a salad – Mix up your favorite greens and place a good amount of this chicken salad on top. Have at it.
- Stuffed bell peppers – Cut a bell pepper in half and stuff it with the chicken salad mixture. Crunchy town.
- Mini pepper scoopers – Cut up some mini bell peppers and dip them into the keto chicken salad and scoop up a bite of creamy heaven.
- Cucumber boats – Cut a cucumber in half lengthwise and scrape out the middle section with all the seeds. Fill it with the chicken salad. Start munching.
- Cucumber chips – Thinly slice up a cucumber into round discs, and use them as little chips. Dip away.
How do you like to eat your keto chicken salad? Tell me below!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make this recipe! I’d love to see it!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try this recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
Keto Chicken Salad (Low Carb/Paleo)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken about 2-3 large breasts
- 1 cup finely diced celery about 2 stalks
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped dry roasted salted cashews measure then chop
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Chop the chicken, celery, and cashews and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the hemp seeds, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and mayo.
- Mix until everthing is evenly coated in the mayo.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and mix until they're evenly distributed.
- Keep refridgerated and eat within a few days.
Take a peek at my Pinterest Gallery to pin my other recipes!
Hungry for more? Try some of my favorite recipes!
If you enjoyed this recipe, follow me on social media for new recipes and updates!
Psst…want to save money on healthy food? Check out Thrive Market!