This raspberry balsamic chicken is deeeeelicious. Raspberries are one of my absolute favorite fruits. That’s one thing I miss most about summer time – my beloved raspberries are no longer in season. I also happen to have a strange obsession with balsamic vinegar. I love the tang, the smell, the color, the flavor, everything.
So what happens when I mix the two together? MAGIC! This raspberry balsamic chicken is sweet and tangy and has a little kick from the jalepeño. It’s also really simple to make and comes together quickly – which is a huge plus. I love having a handful of quick and easy meal ideas to fall back on, and this one fits the bill. You know, for those nights you realize you have nothing planned for dinner and it’s almost 6 o’clock? I mean, not that that’s ever happened to me or anything. ? The ingredients you’ll need for this raspberry balsamic chicken are:
In addition to being quick and easy, this dish can also be cooked in one pan – score! Start by heating the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Next, season the chicken and add it to the pan, cooking for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until it’s no longer pink in the middle. Remove it from the pan and set it aside. I love using my Thermopen to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It’s an instant read thermometer and couldn’t be easier to use.
Once the thermometer reads 165℉ I know the chicken is done. It has saved me time and time again from overcooking my meat – which unfortunately I am notorious for doing. I can’t recommend it enough! After the chicken has cooked, sauté the onion until translucent, add the jalapeño and garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Next, add the raspberry jam, water, and balsamic vinegar. Once it melts down and creates a sauce, dinner is served!
You can serve this raspberry balsamic chicken over rice, cauliflower rice, or just eat it as is. I topped mine with some fresh chives (completely optional) and added a side of broccoli.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (no added sugar)
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating up, sprinkle the salt, pepper, and marjoram onto each side of the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken into the hot skillet and cook until no longer pink - about 8 minutes on each side. (I like to use my Thermoworks Instant Read Thermometer to check doneness. When it reads 165℉ it's cooked through)
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add in the onion to the pan and cook until translucent, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan. It's Okay to add another tablespoon of oil into the pan if needed.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the jalepeño and garlic and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Turn the heat to low, and add in the balsamic vinegar, water, and raspberry jam.
- Gently stir the mixture until the raspberry jam has melted down and has formed a sauce with the vinegar.
- Serve over chicken.