My family and I love making gluten free pancakes on the weekends. It’s become expected. I guess you could call it a tradition. These gluten free flour pancakes are our favorite and the ones we make most often. So I thought I’d spread the pancake love and share the recipe with you!
We like to follow the Paleo diet about 80% of the time. Because of this, I love mixing up my own flours to create a gluten free pancake mix. However, I also love using good ol’ Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 flour for times I want to keep things easy! It’s not paleo, but it is gluten free!
This particular gluten free flour pancake recipe calls for water – because I’m cheap like that. 😆 But feel free to sub your favorite dairy free milk if you’d like! It’s also SUPER important to mix the water in 1/2 cup at a time. This allows the flour to really soak up the liquid, and results in a fluffier, less gummy pancake.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Flour Pancakes
How to Make Gluten Free Flour Pancakes
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the eggs, honey, and 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
- Add another 1/2 cup of water and mix again.
- Lastly, add the remaining 1/2 cup water and mix until the batter is smooth and even.
- Cook over a greased skillet or griddle on medium low heat. I love this stove top cast iron griddle!
- Once the edges of the pancake looks set, no longer runny, and you see bubbles formed on the top, flip that bad boy over and cook for a few more minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve warm with real maple syrup, berries, coconut whip cream, granola, nut butter, or anything else your heart desires!
Tips For Making Gluten Free Flour Pancakes
- As stated, adding the water in 1/2 cup at a time is key for this recipe. Don’t skip this step!
- Once you start to see bubbles, let the pancake cook just a little longer before you flip it. You want the edges of the pancake to be set.
- Use either a 1/4 cup or 1/3 measuring cup to measure the batter. They have the best texture this way!
- After scooping the batter onto your greased pan, use the back of the measuring cup to gently flatten the pancake in circular motions. This will help the pancakes cook evenly.
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these pancakes! I’d love to see them!
Gluten Free Flour Pancakes (dairy free, nut free)
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups water or your favorite dairy free milk
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt
- Add in the eggs, honey, and 1/2 cup of water and mix well
- Add another 1/2 cup of water and mix again
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water and mix until the batter is smooth and even
- Use a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the batter onto a greased skillet or griddle
- Cook over medium low heat until bubbles have formed on the top, and the edges have set up
- Flip the pancakes and cook on the other side for a few more minutes until both sides are golden brown
- Serve warm and enjoy with your favorite toppings
Hungry for more? Try some of my favorite recipes!
If you enjoyed this recipe, follow me on social media for more!
Psst…want to save money on healthy food? Check out Thrive Market!