SunButter cookies are easy to make and totally addicting. You will love these chewy, sweet cookies!
Sunflower seed butter is a great alternative to nut butter like peanut butter and almond butter. It’s made by grinding sunflower seeds together until creamy and thick.
These sun butter cookies are:
easy to make
free from refined brown sugar
Looking for more nut free recipes? Try these easy Steak Bites!
These SunButter cookies are similar to traditional peanut butter cookies, but with the flavor of sunflower seed butter.
SunButter Cookies – Ingredients
SunButter Cookies – How To Make
First, preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) into a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
Once the cookie dough is nice and thick, add in the chocolate chips if using.
Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet Be sure to only bake 6 cookies at a time, as the dough will spread while baking. Gently flatten just the tops of the cookies and bake for 8-9 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and let the sunflower butter cookies cool on the pan until they come to room temperature. Who says nut free recipes aren’t delicious?!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these sun butter cookies! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try this SunButter cookie recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
SunButter Cookies (Easy And Flourless!)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sunflower seed butter, coconut sugar, salt, baking soda, egg, and vanilla extract into a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips if using
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop 6 cookies onto the baking sheet. Bake only 6 at a time as these cookies spread. While baking.
- Gently press the top of the cookie down so it's not a dome shape. You are not flattening the entire cookie. Just taking a little of the roundness of the top.
- Bake in the oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan until they're room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days. Or in the freezer for 2 months.
Hungry for more? Try some of my favorite recipes!
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Almond Butter Cups
Paleo Banana Bread Cookies
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Homemade Almond Milk
Chocolate Pomegranate Almond Clusters
Paleo Whoopie Pies
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Paleo Crinkle Cookies
Paleo Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
Slow Cooker Elderberry Syrup
Coconut Lime Snack Balls
Healthy Lemon Popsicles
Blueberry Muffin recipe (GF, Paleo)
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream