Healthy protein gummies are an easy and delicious snack, packed with health benefits.
These homemade lemonade gummies are full of fresh lemon flavor. You’re gonna love them! My kids have asked for them every day since I created this recipe.
LOVE LEMON? CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE FOR SPARKLING LEMONADE
Do these healthy protein gummies taste like the store bought candy version you can buy at the store? Well, no. They are a bit different. So don’t be expecting a store bought gummy bear. 🙂
These healthy gummies are free of ingredients like processed sugar, corn syrup, citric acid, and artificial fruit flavorings, which greatly impact the flavor and texture of store bought gummies.
These healthy lemonade protein gummies are made with grass fed gelatin (not to be confused with collagen). You’ll need this ingredient to help give this paleo snack it’s gummy texture.
LOVE LEMON? CHECK OUT THIS POST FOR PALEO LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
Collagen is a great protein packed food too. It’s great to add to baked goods, soups and stews, or your drinking water. It just won’t set up liquid into a gummy consistency.
So make sure to double check you have the right product before making these healthy lemonade protein gummies as they’re easy to get mixed up. 🙂
Protein Gummies – How Much Protein Is There?
1 tablespoon of gelatin has 10 grams of protein. These healthy gummies contain 4 tablespoons of gelatin, which is equivalent to 40 grams of protein! Depending on the size of your gummies, that’s about 1 gram of protein per gummy.
Healthy Lemonade Protein Gummies – Ingredients
Pure maple syrup (can sub honey)
Healthy Lemonade Protein Gummies – How To Make
First, place the lemon juice, maple syrup, and water into a medium sized sauce pan. SLOWLY add the gelatin a little at a time while whisking vigorously to avoid any clumping.
Next, turn the heat up to medium low. Continue whisking while the mixture heats up. Once the mixture is hot, but not boiling, you’re ready to transfer the liquid to your silicone gummy molds.
Next, place the molds onto a sheet pan for easy moving. Carefully pour the lemon juice mixture into the molds, and place them into the fridge for about 1 to 2 hours while they set up.
Once firm, pop them out of the silicone gummy mold and enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these healthy lemonade protein gummies! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
Healthy Lemonade Protein Gummies
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (can sub honey, use lakanto maple flavored syrup for keto gummies)
- 4 tablespoons grass fed gelatin (not collagen)
- Pour the lemon juice, maple syrup, and water into a medium sized sauce pan.
- SLOWLY add the gelatin a little at a time while whisking vigorously to avoid any clumping.
- Turn the heat up to medium low. Continue whisking while the mixture heats up.
- Once the mixture is hot, but not boiling, you're ready to transfer the liquid to your silicone gummy molds.
- Place the molds onto a sheet pan for easy moving. If there's bubbly foam on the top of your lemon mixture, scrape it off with a spoon and discard it.
- Carefully pour the lemon juice mixture into the molds using the dropper it came with or a liquid measuring cup, and place them into the fridge for about 1 to 2 hours, or until they set up. The time it takes will depend on the size and shape of your mold.
- Once firm, pop the gummies out of their mold and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite recipes!
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Paleo/GF Banana Bread Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Bites
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Chocolate Pomegranate Almond Clusters
Paleo Whoopie Pies
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Gluten Free and Paleo Crinkle Cookies
Paleo Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie