These cinnamon streusel muffins are so so good. They’re soft, sweet, and pack a hefty punch of cinnamon in each bite. The cinnamon sugar streusel topping is the perfect finishing touch and make these muffins irresistable. Irresistible I tell ya! Just ask my husband how many he ate. ? I’ve always been a streusel fan and would have absolutely no problem eating the tops off this whole batch of muffins! It’s the perfect blend of sweet coconut sugar and warm spicy cinnamon, with a little crunch from the pecans. Yum! Speaking of cinnamon – Am I the only one who has a hard time spelling that dang word?! For some reason I’m incapable of getting right. Thank goodness for spell check! These muffins come together pretty quickly. I like to mix up the streusel first so it’s ready to go right when you get the batter into the muffin tins. This just makes it so the batter isn’t sitting around for too long before it goes into the oven. The ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are:
- Almond Flour
- Arrowroot Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
And these parchment paper cupcake liners are ESSENTIAL when baking muffins or cupcakes. There’s no sticking whatsoever. Seriously – get them and have them on hand at all times. You won’t be sorry. Then come back to this post and tell me you love me and that I’ve changed your life forever. These cinnamon streusel muffins would be perfect for a special breakfast or brunch – or even an after school snack! My muffins needed the whole 18 minutes to cook, but oven temperatures vary so be sure to start checking these around the 15 minute mark. Leave a comment on this post if you make them! I’d love to know how they turned out for you. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- For the Muffins:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped small)
- 1/4 cup flake coconut
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix up all the ingredients for the topping and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir until well combined
- Add in the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir until evenly combined and the contents form a wet batter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin - a little over halfway full.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the prepared topping onto the tops of each uncooked muffin.
- Place muffin tin in preheated oven and cook until the tops are golden brown and firm to the touch. About 15 -18 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before serving.
More Simply Jillicious breakfast recipes: