This paleo vanilla milkshake is full of vanilla flavor without the dairy! How great is that?! And if that’s not great enough, it also has 17 grams of protein per serving! I’m pretty excited about this one if you couldn’t tell. Aren’t guilt free treats just the BEST? I think so.
Paleo Vanilla Milkshake Ingredients
–Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
I like to soak my cashews AND my dates to make sure my milkshake is smooth and everything blends well together. I usually fill my blender with the 1/2 cup of water and add my pitted dates right in. Then I’ll stick it in the fridge while I soak my cashews in a separate bowl on the counter. This makes it so my dates soften, and my water gets cold. Just be sure to drain the water from your cashews before adding them to the blender.
This paleo milkshake would make great late night dessert, or even an after school snack for the kids. I hope you love it!
Vanilla Protein Milkshake (Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked for at least 4 hours and drained
- 3 pitted dates soaked if not soft and drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- pinch of salt
- Place the soaked cashews, water, and dates in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. (I blend for at least 3 minutes so the cashews and dates can break down completely)
- Add vanilla, hemp seeds, collagen, and salt and blend until combined.
- Add ice to the blender and blend until you reach a milkshake consistency.
I like to soak my dates to make sure they blend well in the blender.