These Healthy Pecan Pie Bites are the perfect addition to your holiday celebrations! With just 6 simple ingredients, they’ll be ready in no time.
The chewiness of these little treats come from the dates. When frozen, they take on a delightful caramel texture and make these chewy truffles so fun to eat!
The secret to making these reminiscent of pecan pie, is toasting the pecans. Don’t skip this simple step! It adds the yummiest toasty, nutty flavor and takes these Healthy Pecan Pie Bites to the next level!
My family was divided on the addition of the chocolate. Some loved the chocolate coating, and others liked it without. You’ll have to try both and decide for yourself. 😊
For this recipe, you’ll need to use a food processor to break down the dates and mix everything together. It’s a handy tool to have on hand. I highly recommend getting one if you don’t have one!
How to make Healthy Pecan Pie Bites
First, you’ll want to toast your pecans. Next, add the dates to your food processor and let it run until the dates have broken down and formed one big ball. Next, add the cooled toasted pecans and pulse until well incorporated and a “dough” is formed. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until it’s thouroughly mixed. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and place it on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Using your hands, roll the dough into a nice round ball. Place the pan in the freezer and chill for at least an hour. Next, melt the chocolate over a double boiler and roll each ball around in the chocolate until it’s evenly coated. Place the balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet and return to the freezer for a minimum of one hour. Enjoy these chewy truffles straight from the freezer.
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make this trail mix recipe! I’d love to see it!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
Healthy Pecan Pie Bites
- 1 cup toasted pecans (cooled)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (packed and pitted)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- heaping 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the dates to a food processor and process until they form one large ball.
- Add in the cooled, toasted pecans (see notes) and pulse until it forms a "dough".
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet.
- Roll the dough in between your hands to form a ball.
- Chill in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Roll the frozen balls in the melted chocolate until well coated.
- Place the chocolate covered balls on the baking sheet and return for the freezer for at least an hour. Enjoy these treats straight from the freezer!
Hungry for more? Try some of my favorite recipes!
If you enjoyed this recipe, follow me on social media for new recipes and updates!
Psst…want to save money on healthy food? Check out Thrive Market!