These paleo pumpkin muffins are one of my favorite fall recipes. They’re the best pumpkin muffins I’ve tried, gluten free or otherwise!
These paleo pumpkin muffins are made with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour. I love using a variety of flours in my paleo and gluten free baking recipes because it gives the baked goods awesome texture. The ingredients for this muffin recipe are pretty simple, and I bet you already have them on hand!
Ingredients For Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin pie spice
These paleo pumpkin muffins are moist, flavorful, and subtly sweet. I’m pretty sure this recipe would even work in a loaf pan for paleo pumpkin bread! I’ll have to give it a try one of these days. The steps for making these healthy gluten free pumpkin muffins are simple. Here’s what you do:
How To Make Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the honey, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, spices, and baking soda and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Add in the almond flour and coconut flour, and mix until a batter is formed.
- Line a standard size muffin tin with parchment muffin liners, and pour the batter in until it fills the cup a little over halfway.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until the middles look set.
- Let the pumpkin muffins cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving.
For this particular muffin recipe, it’s important to let them cool for about 15 minutes in the pan before taking them out to continue cooling. This will ensure they have the perfect texture and won’t be too wet inside.
If you read my Cinnamon Streusel Muffin post, you’ll remember how I raved about these parchment paper muffin liners. They are essential for baking, in my opinion. And if you can believe it, these gluten free, dairy free, paleo pumpkin muffins taste even BETTER the next day! Enjoy!