These paleo pumpkin muffins are one of my favorite fall recipes. They’re the best pumpkin muffins I’ve tried, gluten free or otherwise!
These paleo pumpkin muffins are made with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour. I love using a variety of flours in my paleo and gluten free baking recipes because it gives the baked goods awesome texture. The ingredients for this muffin recipe are pretty simple, and I bet you already have them on hand!
Ingredients For Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin pie spice
These paleo pumpkin muffins are moist, flavorful, and subtly sweet. I’m pretty sure this recipe would even work in a loaf pan for paleo pumpkin bread! I’ll have to give it a try one of these days. The steps for making these healthy gluten free pumpkin muffins are simple. Here’s what you do:
How To Make Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the honey, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, spices, and baking soda and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Add in the almond flour and coconut flour, and mix until a batter is formed.
- Line a standard size muffin tin with parchment muffin liners, and pour the batter in until it fills the cup a little over halfway.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until the middles look set.
- Let the pumpkin muffins cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving.
For this particular muffin recipe, it’s important to let them cool for about 15 minutes in the pan before taking them out to continue cooling. This will ensure they have the perfect texture and won’t be too wet inside.
If you read my Cinnamon Streusel Muffin post, you’ll remember how I raved about these parchment paper muffin liners. They are essential for baking, in my opinion. And if you can believe it, these gluten free, dairy free, paleo pumpkin muffins taste even BETTER the next day! Enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these muffins! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try this recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/4 cup packed coconut flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- large pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and prepare a muffin tin with parchment paper liners. If you don't have liners, grease the pan and sprinkle a little coconut flour in each section.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, honey, eggs, and vanilla in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt and stir until evenly combined and a batter is formed.
- Fill each muffin liner a little over half full with the batter.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then come to room temperature before eating.
- Store in an airtight container.
Take a peek at my Pinterest Gallery to pin my other recipes!
Hungry for more? Try some of my favorite recipes!
Follow me on social media to keep tabs on all things Simply Jillicious !