Brownies brownies brooowwwwniiieees! I love brownies (and anything with chocolate) and am SO excited to share this Fudgy Paleo Brownie recipe with you! These fudgy paleo brownies are:
contain no almond butter
made using almond flour
and so fudgy!
What are paleo brownies?
Paleo brownies aren’t quite like traditional brownies. Paleo brownies (and all paleo baked goods) lack wheat flour – which contains gluten. Gluten is what gives traditional baked goods their amazing texture. While it’s hard to emulate the elastic nature of gluten in paleo baked goods, you can still make delicious gluten free and paleo treats by using almond flour, or other gluten free paleo approved flours, like arrowroot, tapioca, and coconut. I bet that even your non paleo gluten eating friends will love these fudgy brownies! Along with being gluten free, paleo brownies are dairy free and white sugar free!
Ingredients for fudgy paleo brownies
How to make paleo brownies
For this recipe, order matters. Make sure to follow the directions!
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut sugar and arrowroot powder.
2) Over medium low heat, combine the maple syrup and oil and heat gently until it starts to bubble. You want it to be hot enough to dissolve the coconut sugar, but you don’t want to boil it or overheat it. As soon as you start to see small bubbles, keep it on the heat for another 15 seconds and it’s good to go.
3) Poor the heated oil/syrup mixture into the bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Let sit for 3 minutes.
4) Add the eggs in one at a time.
5) Add the vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, and almond flour and stir until combined.
6) Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8×8 glass baking dish and bake for 25 minutes at 350℉
Can you freeze paleo brownies?
Yes, you can! These brownies freeze well and can be saved for a future brownie binge – uhhh I mean a later date. Store in an airtight container for up to a few months. Just let them thaw to room temperature or gently warm them in the oven or toaster oven. (I’m anti microwave ?) Or, eat them straight from the freezer if that’s your thing!
Are paleo brownies healthy?
Paleo brownies are still a treat and meant to be eaten in moderation. While I personally believe coconut sugar and maple syrup are better to consume than processed white sugar, it’s still sugar and should be eaten in moderation. However, paleo brownies are free of inflammatory gluten, grains, and dairy! This makes this paleo brownie recipe pretty darn healthy, I’d say!
Fudgy Paleo Brownies (gluten free, dairy free, made with almond flour)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons cocao powder
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ and line an 8x8 glass baking pan with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut sugar and arrowroot powder.
- Over medium low heat, combine the maple syrup and oil and heat gently until it starts to bubble. You want it to be hot enough to dissolve the coconut sugar, but you don't want to boil it or overheat it. As soon as you start to see small bubbles, keep it on the heat for another 15 seconds and it's good to go.
- Poor the heated oil/syrup mixture into the bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, gently combining with the sugar mixture.
- Add the vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, and almond flour and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8x8 glass baking dish and bake for 23-25 minutes at 350℉
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Other Jillicious Recipes!
Follow me on Social Media!
Want to save money on healthy food? Check out Thrive Market!