Gluten free strawberry muffins are perfect for spring and summer when the fresh strawberries are big and juicy – and affordable!
Along with being gluten free, this strawberry muffins recipe is also paleo, dairy free, and grain free.
LOVE MUFFINS? TRY THESE HEALTHY LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
These paleo strawberry muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast, brunch, or just a healthy snack. They’d be delicious with a little coconut whipped cream on top, too!
A gluten free flour blend like Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 flour is often used in gluten free baking, but this gluten free strawberry muffin recipe is made with a mix of almond flour, coconut flour, and arrowroot flour.
Almond flour (not almond meal), coconut flour, and arrowroot are three of my favorite paleo flours to blend together to create a “normal” wheat flour muffin texture without the gluten.
By doing this I’m able to keep these gluten free muffins grain free and paleo.
Who says gluten free can’t be delicious!
These gluten free strawberry muffins are refined sugar free and sweetened with honey. They’re super healthy and totally guilt free. And best of all, they’re easy to make!
LOVE MUFFINS? TRY THESE PALEO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins – Ingredients
Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins – How To Make
First, chop the strawberries into small bite size pieces. I typically chop them a bit bigger than a blueberry, but really you can have them be whatever size you’d like.
Next, combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together. The dry ingredients include the almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
Next, add in the wet ingredients and stir to combine. The wet ingredients include the honey, vanilla, eggs, and avocado oil.
Gently fold in the chopped strawberries being careful not to mash them up as you stir.
Line a muffin pan with parchment paper liners and scoop the batter into the muffin liners evenly – about 3/4 of the way full.
Bake the gluten free strawberry muffins at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and they’re golden brown on top.
Let the muffins cool to room temperature before eating and store in a loosely covered but not air tight container for 3-5 days.
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these paleo strawberry muffins! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try these gluten free strawberry muffins, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins (Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons honey (level off the honey with the back of a knife)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (can sub melted coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries (chopped in small bite size pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with parchment baking cups.
- Mix the almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, honey, vanilla, and oil and stir until it's evenly combined with no lumps.
- Gently stir in the fresh strawberries being careful not to mash them.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin liners filling them about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the muffins at 350°F for 20-25 minures until golden brown and the top is firm to the touch.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and place them on a cooling rack. Let the muffins come to room temperature before eating.
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite recipes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Paleo/GF Banana Bread Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Bites
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Chocolate Pomegranate Almond Clusters
Paleo Whoopie Pies
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Gluten Free and Paleo Crinkle Cookies
Paleo Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Low Carb Blueberry Chicken Salad