These Instant Pot Baby Potatoes are SO GOOD! They’re easy to make and the perfect side dish for pretty much anything.
I love potatoes in any form…mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, hash browns – YUM!
This baby potatoes instant pot recipe will become your new favorite go-to recipe when you’re needing a quick and healthy side dish.
Looking for more instant pot recipes? Try this Instant Pot Pot Roast!
These instant pot potatoes are
- gluten free
- dairy free
- customizable (add whatever seasonings you like!)
Pressure cooker baby potatoes are the perfect texture. Pressure cooker recipes save time in the kitchen and are usually more hands off then other recipes – which is great for busy moms.
Instant pots are just a type of electric pressure cookerI used an 8 quart instant pot for this recipe. But the 6 quart will work just as well.
I absolutely love using the instant pot and can’t wait to try out more recipes. Like instant pot chicken!
Instant Pot Baby Potatoes – Ingredients
ghee (can substitute butter)
oil of choice (I used avocado oil but olive oil works too)
Instant Pot Baby Potatoes – How To Make
First, get your instant pot ready by adding 1 cup of water into the pot, and placing your steamer basket inside. If you don’t have a steamer basket, it’s okay! Mine recently broke so I used the trivet and it worked just fine. 🙂
Next, gently wash the potatoes and place them into the steamer basket.
Secure the lid, move the valve to the sealing position, and set the pressure cooking time to 12 minutes.
Once the 12 minute cook time has finished, do a quick release by carefully moving the valve to the “venting” position to release the steam.
Once the red pin has dropped, it’s safe to open the lid. Carefully remove the potatoes by lifting up the steamer basket.
Dump the water out from the internal pot, and return it back into the base. Add the potatoes back into the pot, along with the ghee (or butter), oil, salt, and pepper.
Press the “sauté”button and sauté the potatoes until they’re evenly coated and the skin crisps up a bit.
Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, and chile powder and sauté for another minute or so.
They’re ready to serve! Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Who says healthy food can’t be delicious?!
Instant Pot Baby Potatoes – Tips
Baby potatoes can be more fragile than other potatoes. It’s important to be gentle when scrubbing them clean so you don’t rip the skin off.
These potatoes are totally customizable! Add any combinations of flavors and herbs that you like.
Keep it simple and classic by just using butter and salt, or switch it up by using a garlic herb combo, or some Italian seasoning. Delicious!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these instant pot baby potatoes! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try this baby potatoes recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
More easy recipes:
Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
Easy Broiler Omelettes
Banana Bread Cookies
Instant Pot Baby Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter (can sub ghee, vegan butter, or oil)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or oil of choice, or more butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder (optional)
- pepper to taste
- Place the steamer basket into the internal pot of the instant pot. If you don't have a steamer basket just use the trivet. It works just fine.
- Gently wash the potatoes and place them onto the steamer basket.
- Secure the lid, move the valve to the sealing position, and set the pressure cooking time to 12 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, do a quick release by carefully moving the valve to the "venting" position to release the steam.
- Once the red pin has dropped, it's safe to open the lid. Carefully remove the potatoes by lifting up the steamer basket.
- Dump the water out from the internal pot, and return it back into the base. Add the potatoes back into the pot (without the steamer basket), along with the ghee (or butter), oil, salt, and pepper.
- Press the "saute"button and saute the potatoes until they're evenly coated and the skin crisps up a bit. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, and chile powder, stir, and cook for another minute.
- Serve warm and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Hungry for more? Click a link below see some of my favorite recipes!
Peanut Butter Snack Balls
Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Almond Butter Cups
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Paleo Pecan Cookies With Chocolate Chips
Strawberry Banana Valentine’s Smoothie
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
Slow Cooker Elderberry Syrup
Healthy Lemon Popsicles
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies