Paleo muffins are delicious for breakfast, a healthy snack, or dessert! These gluten free dairy free muffins are moist and fluffy, full of maple flavor, and have a burst of cinnamon in every bite.
These maple pecan muffins are perfectly sweet and deliciously moist. They’re gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
This muffin recipe is easy to make and one of my favorites. I love the maple/cinnamon combo. And the pecans give these gluten free muffins a little something extra by adding the perfect crunch.
Paleo muffins are some of my favorite baked goods. I love that they come perfectly packaged in an individual muffin liner. They’re not too big, not too small. They’re just right!
LOVE MUFFINS? CHECK OUT THESE PALEO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Paleo Muffins – Ingredients
- Blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- Arrowroot powder
- Baking powder
- Pure maple syrup
- Avocado oil or coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
Paleo Muffins – How to make
First, preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a muffin tin with parchment liners.
Next, whisk the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium sized mixing bowl.
Next, add in the eggs, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and stir until a well mixed batter is formed. Chop the pecans and mix them into the batter.
Once you’ve added the chopped pecans, scoop the batter into your lined muffin tin. I like to use a large ice cream scoop so all the muffins are roughly the same size. Fill each liner about 3/4 of the way full.
Then, place the muffin tin into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from the pan and let the muffins come to room temperature before eating.
LOVE MUFFINS? CHECK OUT THESE PALEO LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS!
Paleo Muffins – Tips
No flour substitutions will work in this almond flour muffin recipe. So avoid swapping the almond flour for coconut flour. They’ll turn out dry and inedible.
Be sure to use a good quality non stick muffin liner. I used these and highly recommend them for all your paleo and gluten free baking recipes!
Sometimes I sprinkle a little coconut sugar on the top of my muffins before sticking them into the oven. Gives it a little something extra!
I like to chop some extra pecans and throw them on top of the muffins before baking in the oven, but this is totally optional.
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these paleo muffins! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try these paleo muffins, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
Maple Pecan Paleo Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (can sub melted coconut oil)
- 1/2 heaping cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- more chopped pecans for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with parchment liners.
- Whisk the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add in the eggs, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and stir until a batter is formed.
- Chop the pecans and mix them into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into your lined muffin tin. I like to use a large ice cream scoop so all the muffins are roughly the same size. Fill each liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. (Mine were perfect at 15 but all ovens vary). Remove from the pan and let the muffins come to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite recipes!
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Paleo/GF Banana Bread Cookies
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Chocolate Pomegranate Almond Clusters
Paleo Whoopie Pies
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Paleo Crinkle Cookies
Paleo Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
Slow Cooker Elderberry Syrup
Blueberry Muffin recipe (GF, Paleo) can use frozen blueberries
Lemonade Recipe made with fresh lemon juice
Homemade Almond Milk
Chocolate Walnut Cookies with Chocolate Chips