Maple Syrup Whipped Cream is a holiday must have! I like to avoid refined sugar in food where I can, and replacing maple syrup for sugar is a simple and delicious swap.
It’s so good! And it literally takes just a few minutes of prep time.
Homemade whipped cream is a cinch to make at home, and WAY healthier than the premade stuff in can.
With only four simple ingredients, you can have maple whipped cream in no time.
This whipped cream recipe is the perfect addition to pies, cakes, hot chocolate, berry desserts, and all the things.
Easy maple flavored whipped cream is subtly sweet and will complement your holiday desserts so well.
Maple Syrup Whipped Cream Ingredients
- Heavy whipping cream – Cream is the base of this recipe. I always recommend buying organic dairy when you can. It’s better for you and free from preservatives.
- Pure maple syrup (not maple extract) – Make sure to use 100% pure maple syrup. I like to buy organic maple syrup from Costco. It’s a great price!
- Vanilla extract – Just a little bit rounds out the flavor of this maple syrup whipped cream recipe.
- Sea salt – just a touch of salt balances out the sweetness of this maple vanilla whipped cream. I’ve even added just a pinch more than what the recipe calls for, and enjoyed it on the salty side.
Maple Syrup Whipped Cream – How To Make
First, combine the 1 pint heavy cream, 4 tablespoons maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into a stand mixer mixing bowl.
Next, using the whisk attachment, whip the mixture on medium low speed for just a minute or so until the cream becomes foamy.
After that, increase the speed for another 1-2 minutes until soft peaks form. I’ve taken it a little farther until stiff peaks form and it still turned out amazing. Just be sure not to over whip.
And that’s it! The homemade maple whipped cream is done!
Tips For Making Maple Whipped Cream
1) While you can use a hand mixer, I recommend using a stand mixer for this recipe. The even and steady whipping of the stand mixer will yield the best results. Just note it will take a few minutes longer when using a hand mixer.
2) I like to stick the mixer bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before making my maple syrup whipped cream. It keeps everything nice and chilled and whips up to perfection.
3) Be careful not to over whip. Unfortunately, it is possible to over whip this recipe and create curdling. But, it really just takes a 2 or 3 minutes to make whipped cream from scratch, so be sure to stop once those soft to firm peaks are formed!
4) Add a dash or two of cinnamon for some additional holiday flavor!
Follow me on Instagram and use #simplyjillicious if you make this maple syrup whipped cream! I’d love to see it!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here
More holiday recipes:
If you try this recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
Maple Syrup Whipped Cream
- Add all the ingredients into a (preferably cold) stand mixer bowl.
- Using the whisk attachment, whisk the cream mixture on medium low speed until it starts to foam. About 1 minute.
- Increase the speed for another 1-2 minutes until soft peaks form. You can whip for an additional minute for stiff peaks if you need it to have more structure.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite recipes!
Gluten Free Banana Bread Cookies
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut Butter Snack Balls
Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
Slow Cooker Elderberry Syrup
Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies