Paleo Gingerbread Blondies are the perfect treat for the holidays. I look forward to December coming around every year so I have a good excuse to bake allllll the things! Aren’t holiday treats the best?!
If you love gingerbread you’ll love these Paleo Gingerbread Cupcakes!
These gluten free blondies are made without butter and refined sugar. They’re super easy to throw together and a wonderful addition to your Christmas baking list.
They also have an irresistible chewy texture you’re gonna love!
Paleo Gingerbread Blondies – Ingredients
Molasses (not blackstrap molasses)
Paleo Gingerbread Blondies – How To Make
First, combine your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. This includes the almond flour, 1/2 cup coconut sugar, baking soda, spices, and sea salt.
Next, add the 1/2 cup almond butter, molasses, egg, vanilla, and oil. I used avocado oil but you can substitute melted coconut oil if you’d like.
Gently stir the mixture until a thick dough is formed. Avoid over mixing.
Add the mixture to a parchment paper lined 8×8 baking dish. I used a glass dish like this one. Use your hands to spread and flatten the gingerbread dough into the pan.
Bake in a 350℉ oven for 25-27 minutes. The cook time will vary oven to oven, so be sure to keep an eye on them.
Let the blondies cool in the pan.
For the powdered sugar topping, blend a small amount of maple sugar in a blender, and sprinkle on top. You can substitute regular powdered sugar if you don’t need to be strict paleo.
Paleo Gingerbread Blondies – Tips
- Don’t over mix the batter. Gently fold in the wet ingredients until a thick batter is formed.
- If you want to turn these into paleo gingerbread chocolate chunk blondies, by all means, mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter.
- Let cool in the pan. This gingerbread blondie recipe will continue to set up as it cools, giving it that yummy chewy texture.
- For the optional topping, blend a few tablespoons of granulated maple sugar in a blender and sprinkle on top! Or substitute regular powdered sugar if you don’t need the blondies to be strict paleo.
These blondies were so fun to make! I hope you enjoy them!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these gingerbread blondies! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try these paleo gingerbread blondies, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
More holiday dessert recipes:
Almond Flour Shortbread
Paleo Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Pomegranate Almond Clusters
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
Paleo Gingerbread Blondies
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (can sub oil of choice)
- powdered maple sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a glass 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and sea salt into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in the almond butter, molasses, egg, vanilla, and oil. Use a spoon to mix together until a thick batter is formed. Do not over mix.
- Add the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes. The cook time will vary oven to oven, so be sure to keep an eye on them.
- Let the blondies cool in the pan.
- Once cooled, dust with powdered maple sugar (or regular powdered sugar for non paleo), slice into 9 squares, and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite recipes!
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
Dairy Free Chocolate Cookies
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Almond Butter Cups
Paleo Banana Bread Cookies
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Paleo Whoopie Pies
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Paleo Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
Slow Cooker Elderberry Syrup
Coconut Lime Snack Balls
Healthy Lemon Popsicles
Blueberry Muffin recipe (GF, Paleo)
Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
Chocolate Walnut Cookies