These Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats are full of flavor and perfect for the holidays. They’re easy to make and a total crowd pleaser! I mean – who doesn’t love Rice Krispie treats?!
These pumpkin Rice Krispie treats:
- are easy to make
- come together quickly
- can easily be doubled
- kid friendly
- dye free
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats – Ingredients
Rice Krispie Cereal – The main ingredient for this recipe. If you’re gluten free you can use this brand here as a healthy alternative.
Marshmallows – Both name brand and store brand marshmallows work well for this recipe. Make sure they’re mini marshmallows
Butter – Gives these treats a buttery flavor and tempers down the stickiness of the marshmallows a bit. Dairy free butter can be substitued for this ingredient.
Vanilla extract – Rounds out the flavor and gives these Rice Krispies a homemade taste.
Pumpkin pie spice – The star of the show! Adds that fall magic to this recipe.
Cinnamon – Pairs beautifully with the pumpkin spice and ramps up the flavor even more.
Pumpkin puree – A bit of pumpkin is added to this recipe to drive home that pumpkin flavor.
Sea salt – Just a pinch is all you need.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats – How To Make
First, melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. If you want brown butter treats, cook until it turns golden brown and smells nutty. I personally prefer just melting it, and not browning it.
Then, add in the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
Next, on low heat, add the mini marshmallows and stir until melted. About 2 minutes time.
Then, add in the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and mix until well encorporated.
Finally, remove the pot from the heat and add in the Rice Krispies cereal and mix until well coated in the pumpkin spice marshmallow mixture.
Add the mixture into a lightly greased (with butter or non stick cooking spray) 9×9 baking pan.
Most importantly, let the Rice Krispies treats come to room temperature before eating.
Love your treats pumpkin spiced? Try my Pumpkin Energy Balls
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats – Notes
I like to add 3 cups of rice cereal, mix it up, then add the remaining two cups. It’s a little easier to mix this way.
If using a brand of pumpkin puree other than Libby’s, I recommend letting it sit on a paper towel for 10 minutes to draw out some moisture.
Q: Are Rice Krispies gluten free?
A: The Rice Krispies cereal brand is not gluten free! They contain malt/malt syrup which comes from gluten. If you’re needing this recipe to be gluten free, use brands like this one or this one.
Q: How far in advance can you make Rice Krispie Treats?
A: Usually just 2-3 days in advance. Although evyerone says fresh tastes best – and I agree.
Follow me on Instagram and tag @simply_jillicious if you make these pumpkin spice Rice Krispie treats! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 cups Rice Krispie Cereal or gluten free alternative
- 1/4 cup butter 4 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup Libby's canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Grease a 9×9 pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium low heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Add the marshmallows until melted down.
- Add in the vanilla, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in the Rice Krispies and mix until evenly coated.
- Add the mixture to the greased pan and use your hands to push the mixture together. Add a little butter to your hands if the mixture is too sticky to handle.
- Leave at room temperature for 2 or more hours while the treats set up.
- Store on the counter in an airtight container for up to 5 days.