These Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies are melt in your mouth soft and topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They’re made with simple ingredients and even the gluten eaters in your life will love them!
Soft pumpkin cookies are the perfect fall recipe. They are lightly seasoned with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and smell delicious while baking. This recipe was tested with Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten free flour blend and that’s the only flour I recommend.
Need more gluten free pumpkin recipes? Try my Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies – Ingredients
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 flour
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Baking soda
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies – How To Make
First, to make this pumpkin cookies recipe, add the butter and sugar to a stand mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes. You can also use a hand mixer if you’d prefer. Just be sure to use a large mixing bowl as this recipe makes a lot of dough.
Next, add in the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Fianlly, add in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Mix until a dough is formed.
Next, using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet. I love using this parchment paper because it’s unbleached. Bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes.
When they’re done, let the gluten-free pumpkin cookies cool to room temperature before frosting.
How To Make The Frosting
Making the frosting couldn’t be easier. Combine the cream cheese and softened butter into a stand mixer and beat until combined and smooth.
Next, add in the powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix once more until the frosting is light and fluffy.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies – Recipe Tips
1) I don’t recommend making any substitutions in this recipe. Coconut oil won’t work in place of the butter, and light brown sugar in place of the white sugar will change the flavor.
2) To make gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, just leave off the cream cheese frosting, and mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter before scooping onto the sheet pan.
3) When making the frosting, make sure your cream cheese and butter or softened to room temperature, but not overly soft.
4) I only recommend baking with Libby’s pumpkin puree, because it has significantly less moisture than other brands – which will produce a better cookie.
Who says gluten free desserts aren’t delicious?! Enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram and use #simplyjillicious if you make these gluten free pumpkin cookies! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here
More gluten free cookies:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
For The Cookies
For The Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (for super smooth frosting make sure to sift it!)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
For The Cookies
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar into a stand mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes. This recipe will also work using a hand mixer if that's your preference.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and mix until a dough is formed.
- Scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies come to room temperature before frosting.
For The Frosting
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Spread onto the cookies once cooled.
Hungry for more? Try some of my favorite recipes!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Maple Syrup Whipped Cream
Dairy Free Caramel Sauce
Eggnog Baked Oatmeal
GF Texas Sheet Cake
Healthy Cranberry Sauce – November Recipe
Gluten Free Mummy Cookies – October Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
Sautéed Asparagus with Ghee and Garlic
Paleo Spice Cake with Cinnamon Maple Glaze
Gluten Free Pancakes
Crunchy Almond Butter Cups
Coconut Lime Date Balls
Pineapple Chicken Fajitas
Paleo Whoopie Pies