Paleo peppermint cookies are a delicious chocolate treat that are perfect for the Christmas holiday season.
Chocolate peppermint cookies are a favorite of mine, so we actually make these all year round – not just in December!
And of course, mint chocolate is a match made in heaven. You will love these paleo cookies!
These double chocolate mint cookies are sweetened with both maple sugar and coconut sugar, and have chocolate chips to make them extra special.
Looking for more paleo chocolate recipes? Try this dairy free hot chocolate!
These paleo peppermint cookies are
- gluten free
- dairy free
- made with almond flour
- refined sugar free
- easy to make
Paleo Peppermint Cookies – Ingredients
Almond flour (not almond meal)
Raw cacao powder (cocoa powder works too)
Avocado oil (any oil should work)
Dye free candy canes (omit for strict paleo)
Paleo Peppermint Cookies – How To Make
Step 1: First, preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Next, place 3 candy canes into a sandwich bag and crush into small pieces with a rolling pin, or top heavy ice cream scoop. Set aside.
Step 3: Whisk the almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt into a medium sized bowl.
Step 4: Add in the maple syrup, avocado oil (can sub 1/4 cup coconut oil), vanilla extract, peppermint extract and stir to combine.
Step 5: Mix in the chocolate chips.
Step 6: Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop and scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Step 7: Finally, sprinkle on the candy cane pieces if using, and bake for 11-13 minutes.
Step 8: Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes.
Enjoy these paleo double chocolate chip cookies with peppermint!
Looking for more gluten free paleo desserts? Try my paleo spice cake!
Follow me on Instagram and use the tag #simplyjillicious if you make these paleo peppermint cookies! I’d love to see them!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here.
If you try these paleo mint chocolate cookies, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
More holiday recipes to try:
Paleo Peppermint Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (can sub your favorite cooking oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 10-12 drops pure peppermint extract
- heaping 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- crushed dye free candy canes (optional, omit for strict paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 3 candy canes into a sandwich bag and crush into small pieces with a rolling pin, or top heavy ice cream scoop and set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt into a medium sized bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add in the maple syrup, avocado oil (can sub 1/4 cup coconut oil), vanilla extract, peppermint extract and stir to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop and scoop the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on the candy cane pieces if using, and bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes.
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite recipes!
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
Peanut Butter Snack Balls
Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Almond Butter Cups
Paleo/GF Banana Bread Cookies
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Paleo Whoopie Pies
Fudgy Paleo Brownies (No Almond Butter!)
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies With Pecans
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
Slow Cooker Elderberry Syrup
Healthy Lemon Popsicles – April-August
Blueberry Muffin recipe (GF, Paleo)
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies