Gluten Free Chili is a classic meal that’s as flavorful as it is comforting. This healthy chili recipe can be made with ground beef, turkey, or chicken. It comes together in no time and is the perfect home cooked family meal.
Serve this easy chili recipe with some gluten free cornbread!
This homemade chili recipe is WAY better than store bought chili! Fresh is always best in my opinion and this chili is no exception.
This homemade chili recipe is
better than canned chili
easy to make
free from tomato paste and tomato sauce
Gluten Free Chili – Ingredients
Ground turkey (can substitute ground beef or ground chicken)
Diced tomatoes (I like petite diced)
Pinto beans (can substitute red kidney beans)
Oil – I use avocado oil but you can substitute your oil of choice, like olive oil)
Gluten Free Chili – How To Make
First, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the diced onions and green peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
Next, add in the minced garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 more minute.
Then, add in the ground meat and salt, and continue to cook until there’s no more pink color and it’s cooked all the way through.
Finally, add in the diced tomatoes, water, spices, and beans.
The spices include chili powder, cumin, coriander, black pepper, paprika, and oregano.
Bring the chili to a simmer and simmer for about 20-30 until the beans are cooked through.
Gluten Free Chili – Tips
- Using canned chili beans for this recipe isn’t something I’d recommend.
- Be sure to use the spices listed above versus a pre made chili seasoning packet.
- I love to double this recipe and cook it in a big dutch oven pot. It makes great leftovers!
Chili – FAQ’s
Q: Can celiacs eat chili?
A: Absolutely! However, you would want to double check the ingredients are free from gluten, just to be safe.
Q: What chili mix is gluten free?
A: McCormick sells a gluten free chili mix.
Q: Is chili without beans gluten free?
A: Beans are naturally gluten free and would never be the gluten containing culprit. Check your other ingredients like canned goods and spices for hidden gluten.
Q: Is all chili gluten free?
A: Not necessarily. Be sure to check the ingredients before consuming if you need to avoid gluten. The culprits could be in spice mixes.
Follow me on Instagram and use #simplyjillicious if you make this gluten free chili! I’d love to see it!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter here
If you try this gluten free chili recipe, or any of my recipes, please leave a review and star rating – thank you!
More easy gluten free recipes:
Gluten Free Chili
- 1/3 cup avocado oil can sub oil of choice
- 1 large onion cut into 1/2 dice
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 pound ground turkey can substitute ground beef or ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans can sub red kidney beans
- First, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the diced onions and green peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.Next, add in the minced garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 more minute.Then, add in the ground meat and salt, and continue to cook until there's no more pink color and it's cooked all the way through.Finally, add in the diced tomatoes, water, spices, and beans.The spices include chili powder, cumin, coriander, black pepper, paprika, and oregano.Bring the chili to a simmer and simmer for about 20-30 until the beans are cooked through.Serve plain or with your choice of toppings like avocado, sour cream, cheese, and limes.
Hungry for more? Check out some of my favorite recipes!
Gluten Free Banana Bread Cookies
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut Butter Snack Balls
Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Almond Butter Cups
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Strawberry Banana Valentine’s Smoothie
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
Slow Cooker Elderberry Syrup
Paleo Fruit Dip
Healthy Lemon Popsicles
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies
Almond Flour Cookies
GF Texas Sheet Cake
Sweet potato pumpkins – October recipe
Cast Iron Broiler Omelette